Hey there Coach!
To start - thank you so much for stepping up and making a real difference in your players' lives. Coaching a team is one of the most challenging, rewarding and fun ways to volunteer, and we could not run a great program without you!
Before you take the field, there are some certifications we require of all our coaches. Most of these you will ony have to do once:
- You must pass a background check. The park pays for this, and it must be done/renewed every two years. You do this on our website: http://phippsparkbaseball.com/Coaches-Background-form
- You must complete (one-time) "Coaching Youth Baseball" or "Coaching Youth Softball" by our governing body, Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken baseball: http://baberuthcoaching.org/
- You must complete (one-time) a concussion course from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
- You must complete (one-time) a federally mandated Safe Sport training course: https://athletesafety.org/training/index/tag/coaches
Please email your certificates from the 3 courses above to email@example.com
- You must register yourself as a coach through our website. This is a free registration you can do anytime. This will get you assigned to your team & roster and allow you to input your scores on our app.
Thank you again for coaching! We look forward to the season!